Search This Blog

Tuesday 30 December 2014

Holidays & blood sugar

During the holidays I'm usually calmer & less streesed (at least I don't have to think about gazillion exams, projects & exams results that are waiting for me the next day like a big dark cloud over my happiness...ok I'm usually not that poetic wow haha) and we all know that stress can pretty much mess up your blood sugar. So it's kind of weird that I actually have higher blood sugar & I need more insulin than on school days. Happened to anyone else? I was thinking about it & I got an idea what may be the cause. You see I go to zumba twice a week. I know it has nothing to do with the subject, but zumba is awesome!! It's just twice a week, one hour and you just dance to some latino tunes & jump around like crazy and if you take your friend with you than it's a big party! ;) Anyways, I realized that those zumba classes don't impact only my sugar blood for that evening (I can eat more carbs yay), but for a few days. So now that I'm having holidays, there aren't any zumba classes & it shows in my blood sugar. :( Instead of just accepting it, I started power walking. Yes, you read right, a few times a day (it depends on what I eat & how is my blood sugar) I just go power walking around a living room. I take my IPod and those 10 minutes pass by soo fast, I even do a little hand dance from time to time haha, so it's an exercise for my arms as well. :) And it really helps! I know Americans have diffrent units for blood sugar, but once it fell for 50% just from 20 minutes of power walking! Yes, so get some new tunes & don't worry anymore about those horribel high blood sugars. :)

                                                                           xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment